Saturday, January 5, 2013

Really Your Stylists Put What In Your Hair?

Just recently I had a new client come to me that had really badly.damaged hair. She used to live in Florida but now she resides in Columbia S.C.. Well let me tell you guys what happened to this young lady. She went to a stylist in Florida that her sister referred her too to have a relaxer done. While the relaxer was still on her hair the stylists said I'm going to put a "keratin treatment" in your hair too it will make your hair really really straight. "Ok pause what" is what I said while the client was explaining to me why she doesn't have any hair now. Yes people, the stylists in Florida put two seperate chemicals in this lady's hair at the same time. And she did this at her home because she was fired from the salon where  she use to work. So my next question to the young lady was ok does she even have a license and are you sure she put a Keratin treatment in your hair and not a keratin.conditioner.I just can't see someone that's suppose to be a licensed cosmetologist being that negligent, text her and ask her what she put in your hair. So she did and the stylist did reply to the text which shocked me.The text said "I put a mizani relaxer in your hair and a global Keratin treatment". OMG is what I thought to myself.Than I told the client those are both chemicals she was not suppose to use those together that is why your hair fell out. You need to report her to State Board before she does this to someone else,she's suppose to know better.I had to share this story with you guys so that you can stay aware of what's going.on in some.of these hair salons.Ladies please do your research and ask questions before you trust someone enough to let them do your hair.What are your thoughts on this story?

3 comments:

  1. this is tragic so tragic wow cant believe it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame, we need to stop trusting people and start asking for licenses.

      Delete